Tuesday, March 30, 2021

THE DRUMMER #TuesdayTeaser Three #rockstarromance #bookboyfriend #contemporaryromance #romancenovel #romancereaders #comingsoon

The Drummer Tuesday Teaser #3


Pre-order: Apple | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | Eden Books | 

TBR: Goodreads

Lincoln and Michaela were introduced in A Rockstar Christmas Wedding.

Lincoln Adams is only supposed to be a drunken mistake, the consequence of a little too much Christmas wedding eggnog. Once he’s asleep, I sneak out of his apartment expecting to never see the drummer again.

Except I left my guitar at his friend’s house. And my earring on his floor.

An earring he uses to leverage me into a lunch date where he starts chipping away at the armor erected around my heart while heating up my body with a need I’ve never felt before. I indulge in his body one last time.

Until a surprise mutual connection brings us together for a week of sharing and sensual delights.

What happens in Virginia can stay in Virginia—right?

This story is intended for readers 18 and over due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.


In full darkness, the lights shone to their brightest potential and transported us to a different place than the day-lit park.  The old-streets feel leant a sense of intimacy to the little shop villages.  Some romance.  What would it be like to stroll Europe with her for real?

That was a lovely daydream—spring or autumn in France or Italy, Michaela in a pretty flowing dress and sandals that showed off her legs.  Maybe a sunhat.  She’d look cute in a hat.  We’d eat too much amazing food, get a little too much color, then fall asleep in each other’s arms after making love until we couldn’t stand any more pleasure.  Something in a shop would catch her eye but used to being frugal, she wouldn’t buy it, so I’d sneak back and surprise her.

Like the angel she didn’t know I grabbed today.

I loved her smiles.  The lips-pressed-together-because-she-wouldn’t-give-me-a-laugh smile.  The one that said thank you.  The smart-mouthed smirk.  The genuine mirth. 

But my favorite so far was the smile that came out when she was actually happy for a moment, when just for a second she forgot there were things to be sad about.  That smile was radiant and made my heart go funny.  That feeling of whoa that probably inspired the ancients to come up with Cupid’s arrow because you felt stunned in the chest.

I loved the brief moments when she cast off her burdens.  Gave me a glimpse of what a healed Michaela would be like and I wanted more of that for her. 

I would suspect her friend Moira did, too.

Teaser 1 | Teaser 2





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a name you can be addressed by.