Monday, January 16, 2012

What I Don't Like

What do I not like? Seeing search hits like this:

my once and future love carla krae mediafire.com

Any book of mine downloaded from Mediafire or anywhere like it is stolen, my friends. Stolen.

Not okay. Period.

It's called e-book piracy, and I know I can't stop all of it or prevent it, but please.....getting a book free from a download site is NOT like visiting a library and borrowing a book for free. You're stealing money out of the author's pocket every. single. time.

So don't do it. Tell your friends not to do it.

The vast majority of authors are not like Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, or Stephanie Meyer. We're not rich at all. Most of us don't even make a living wage off our writing alone, so when you steal books, it hurts us. Enough people do it, it hurts a lot.

Do your part to fight against media piracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a name you can be addressed by.