Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday Snippet - Jacob and Beth

His scent floated up from the pillow, a mix of shampoo, cologne, and essential Jacob, the recipe not changing much since he was sixteen. Feeling needier than I wanted to be, I got up and tapped on the bathroom door with one finger, twice. He opened it and I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in his neck.


“Just one more week,” he whispered in my ear. I nodded, rubbing the sides of our faces together, lifted my head, and our lips met.

We never did chaste kisses and this was no exception, my butt soon set on the counter and my legs wrapped around his hips. He hadn’t put on a shirt, yet, so my hands were exploring all that yummy skin while it was in reach.

A baby cried. I froze, then Jacob. My niece Sarah.

We heard doors open and close, then Darcy’s voice through the wall, soothing her daughter. I slid off the counter and reached for the door. After peeking into the hallway, I escaped to the kitchen.

Babies…it’s like they know.

Still, I’d thank her later. I didn’t want our first time together again to happen in my brother’s guest bathroom before my boyfriend flew away for a week.

Comments welcome.


2 comments:

  1. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE OUT!!!! when does it come out by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous.

    I don't have an exact date. We're still in first draft stage. I'm hoping by the end of the year, life permitting.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a name you can be addressed by.