Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Happy New Year! Here's a sneak peek from me! #workinprogress #hecaughtfeelings #romancereaders #contemporaryromance #sneakpeek #oppositesattract

Meet Rae and Shane!

Current work-in-progress posting every Monday: Rae & Shane

"How does a small-town boy win the heart of a Bel Air princess?"

This story is intended for readers 18 and over due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.


Shane's POV:

“Do you like stars?”

“What?”

“Come on.” I unlocked the passenger door. Helped her inside and waited for her skirt to be clear. When I got around to the other side, the door was unlocked.

I got a glimpse down her top. She’d reached over to pull the knob up.

“Thanks,” I said with a tight throat.

My V8 roared to life and I drove out of town.

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.” 

There was a scenic overlook not far down the highway, but it was around a bend, so the lights didn’t reach here. I parked in the turnout and pointed out the windshield.

“Look.”

Rachelle leaned forward and tipped her face up. “Oh my God.” Then she opened her door and hopped down. I followed.

When I reached her, she was looking straight up at our galaxy.

“Shane…” she said in an awed whisper.

“You didn’t know what a sky looked like outside a city, did you?”

“It’s beautiful. I didn’t know so many stars existed.” She dropped her chin to smile at me. “Thank you.” A real, genuine smile.

I suddenly had no words, and nodded. A happy Rachelle was gorgeous.

A breeze curled around us. She shivered. My hands moved to rub her arms without me telling them to. Her skin had goose bumps.

We stared at each other. With the quiet of the forest above and below, it seemed like we were the only two people on Earth. Who moved closer first? I didn’t know.

One minute, we were looking and the next, our lips touched. Hers parted on a silent gasp. I’d kissed a couple girls before, but something made me take extra care with her, applying gentle pressure as I tilted my head. Her arms came around my neck. My hand cupped her cheek and jaw. Then she let out a tiny moan and—

Something unlocked.

She gripped me tighter and deepened the kiss until we were making out. I wrapped my arms around her, my hands on her back, and she got hotter every second. The kiss was the spark to ignite the combustible us until warning bells went off in my head.

I’d just met this girl. She would leave in three weeks.

I needed to not think with my dick.

“It’s getting late. You’re parents are probably wondering about you.”

“Uh-huh.” She breathed rapidly. Her eyes were bright in the moonlight.

We climbed into the truck again and I turned it toward home.

Should’ve clued me in for the future.

We’d spend the next ten years of Julys wrapped up in carnal delights. Every year, though I kept wondering when she’d skip out.

She needed the release, an escape from her constricting normal life.

I was the idiot who developed feelings.

The latest visit was only weeks away and the thrill of anticipation lived in my spine. Despite her giving me the same answer every year since she was twenty, I still hoped the next visit would be the one where she decided to stay.

Call me a romantic.

Or a fool.

How many times does a guy have to be told no, right?

But I couldn’t give her up.

I craved her as much as she craved me.


For early access to more chapters, subscribe here!



The full first chapter is a Public read on my subscription page (and Wattpad). 

Chapters 2-5 are available for Followers (free) and Subscribers.

Chapters 6 and beyond are Subscriber-only. There's a new R/S chapter ever Monday! 

I currently have 42 chapters loaded.

If there's demand, I may speed up the chapter releases once my draft is done. 

Note: Is this a first draft? Yes. Do I write clean, though? YES.

I'm not an author whose first draft is a total disaster of typos and continuity errors etc. that might make the reading experience a pain (for anyone that doesn't love editing lol).


Ready to try things out? 

HERE IS THE LINK TO START FOR FREE!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a name you can be addressed by.