Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Carla Krae's 2020 romance projects #cockyheroclub #amwriting #writingromance #contemporaryromance #romanceauthor #romance

2020 Projects

My Cocky Hero Club contribution is due in June, so that's first priority.


Original WIPs:

A Rockstar Christmas Wedding - West Coast Soulmates #4

Picks up where The Keyboardist ended. Jen and Dylan are engaged...and expecting. He wants to get married on Christmas since they met on Christmas Eve a year ago, but they haven't even decided where they're going to live, yet. Which will win - Jen's practical side or the magic of the season?

This story is intended for readers 18 and over due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.

The Drummer - West Coast Soulmates #5

Lincoln Adams is the new drummer for Jake's band at the end of The Keyboardist. He falls for Michaela, an aspiring singer with a tragic past.

The Bittersweet Series

Book #1 - Adrienne and Kelly's story. Expanded version of The Holiday. Smashwords | Apple | Barnes and Noble | Goodreads |

A friends-to-lovers story.

This story is intended for readers 18 and over due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.


Book #2 - Rae and Shane's story. Smashwords | Barnes and Noble | Apple | Goodreads |

How does a small-town boy win the heart of a Bel Air princess?

This story is intended for readers 18 and over due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.


Book #3 - Lucy and Wes' story. Smashwords | Barnes and Noble | Apple | Goodreads |

You'll meet Lucinda and Wes in Rae and Shane's book.

This story is intended for readers 18 and over due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.


Duet #1 - 


Kate
Once upon a time, I wanted Sam to be my first everything. Coming into my life as my piano teacher’s son, he was my ally, buddy, best friend, and unrequited crush.
I kept silent on that last part. Our friendship was precious to me.
I thought it was important to him, too.
Going to separate universities proved me wrong.
Then I became my newly-paralyzed little brother’s guardian at twenty while burying our father and little sister and romantic notions were set aside. We had to survive. I had to be practical. I needed to give my little brother the best life possible.
Sam
Losing touch with Kate was my one regret in life. Most kids think they’ll have their high school friends forever. In reality, you might keep one past your college years. Life moves on.
I married sensibly—so I thought—and had two kids. Mandy and I had been in an awkward phase since our son’s birth, but I thought it was natural. The adjustment of bringing a second child into the home, or maybe post-partum depression. Then she told me she was leaving me for our pediatrician and had filed for legal separation.
That was ten weeks ago.
I’ve been working out the divorce details and our last act as man and wife will be attending my twentieth high-school reunion. Mandy values public opinion, so I’ve given her privacy in exchange for full custody of our kids, but I’m not looking forward to the charade. I don’t know how I’ll stomach smiling through small talk with her hand on my arm.
Until seeing Kate again rouses feelings long buried. She makes me feel alive for the first time in months, I’ve missed our closeness from the past, and Mom loves her like a daughter. My kids even like her instantly, and I start dreaming again for the first time in years. I want her no matter how much it complicates the weekend.
Kate Carson will finally be mine.
This story is intended for readers 18 and over due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.


Duet #2 -


Kate
Sleeping with Sam the second time might’ve been the stupidest thing I’ve done in thirty-eight years. Everyone knows long-distance relationships don’t work and I went home after Christmas thinking I’d done the right thing.
Then he shows up at my door with my favorite pizza and wine and says he loves me.
Sam
I’ve never been a quitter, so when Kate ran, I left the kids with Mom and followed. I have until my plane leaves January 1 to convince her to act on our connection and take a chance on me, distance be damned. She slipped away from me twice before. I won’t let it happen again.
Kate
Sam offers me things no other man ever has, but long-distance terrifies me, especially when he wants me there with him now. His patience won’t last forever and it feels like I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. Then he pushes for more at the same time my world is turned upside-down and it’s too much.
If I’m already losing everything, why not him, too?
Our timing has always sucked.
Then fate puts me back in California again.
And this time, I know I love him back.
This story is intended for readers 18 and over due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.


Mr. Perfect

Shy and socially-anxious Kimmie's father gets a job transfer during her last college year, forcing her to go with him or stay in the only town she’s ever known, and she’s not ready to be alone.
Kimmie’s best friend Erin insists she move in, putting her down the hall from her crush Justin.  He’s been Mr. Perfect since he and Kimmie met at age twelve, excelling at everything including kindness.  A Christmas party kiss might move them out of the friend zone, but she doesn’t trust it as genuine romance. The surprise affection has Erin’s meddling written all over it.
Can Justin bring Kimmie out of her shell and prove his feelings for her are the real thing, or will first love die before it begins?
This story is intended for readers over the age of 18 due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a name you can be addressed by.